Total Pageviews

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

D Rose is here to stay

Hello world... I know it has been a while since my last update and I apologize.  Been a little busy over here in the desert.  Anyway, my very first blog post was about 2 years ago and in it I stated that Derrick Rose was COMING.  Well now I'm saying Derrick Rose is HERE!  If you doubted me then I beg for you to doubt me now.  You see when I wrote that post D Rose was a rookie in the midst of carving up the Boston Celtics and Rajon Rondo in the 1st round of the playoffs.  Boston was coming off their Championship season and although Kevin Garnett wasn't playing they still had the leagues best defense.  What I saw then was Rose not only stepping his game up the way great players do in crunch time, but also raising his teammates along with him.  That is the sign of a great player.  The Bulls that season were .500.  41-41 and squeaked into the playoffs.  They should not of been challenging the Celtics the way they were and yet Rose would not let them believe that.  He pushed his team and lead by example.  He wasn't a leader then, at least vocally, but he was determined and it rubbed off on his team.  They came up short that series, but it was not for a lack of trying.  They were young, they had an odd roster of players that didn't really compliment each other and they had zero experience.

Fast forward 2 years and what you see out of Rose this year is exactly what I thought he would become.  I'm not going to say I thought it would happen this early.  The kid is still a kid at 22 years old.  I didn't think he would become the youngest MVP ever (which he will this year).  But I saw the potential.  Rose has "it".  He has whatever it is that makes great players great.  Besides all the freakish physical gifts he has its the stuff inside that makes him so incredible.  The drive, the desire and the hate he has for losing.  Rose is now the best player on the court every single time he steps on it.  I truly believe that right now at this moment he is the best basketball player on the planet.  He's going to carry the Chicago Bulls deep into these playoffs and maybe all the way to the title. 

There are about 5 teams I think can win it this year.  Chicago, LA, Miami, San Antonio and Oklahoma City.  Winning it all takes a lot of skill and a lot of luck.  Chicago doesn't have the most "talent" on their roster from top to bottom, but they have the best player and sometimes that's all you need.  You need a guy that can take you over the hump when all else is created equal.  Here's to Derrick Rose.  I'm proud that he put in the hard work to realize his potential.  Go Bulls!

No comments:

Post a Comment